CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Leighton update Saturday!

Here's a picture of my sweet contagious girl. :) She had to wear a mask in the hospital on the way to the exit. She actually didn't mind it and kept it on the whole way down! She couldn't stop smiling when she got home and has been so glad to be back.
Did I mention that Grandma is here?? She arrived on Wednesday and it has been wonderful and such a great help to have her around! Today we finally carved our pumpkin....listening to Christmas music. :)
Tom and the kids had their TB tests read yesterday and they all came back negative...so, that's a good thing! We head back on tuesday for a chest x-ray and a check-up to see how things are going for Leighton...hopefully the steroids will start working on the enlarged lymph node in her neck....she is doing fine breathing, but still has a harder time when she gets worked up and/or fussy. Thanks for loving our family by checking in and praying for us!

4 comments:

David Wu said...

Glad you are home and have help. Everyone has been in our prayers. Love, David, Julie, Micah and Josh

Ritchies 4 Orphans - ritchies4orphans.blogspot.com said...

I know it has been crazy, you are a super mom and can handle anything, I am convinced. Glad to see you have family help and that Leighton is finally home and comfortable. Love to you all! Keary and company

JHB said...

Hey Karen and Tom

Never thought I'd be telling someone I'm thankful for a diagnosis of TB....but I am now! I pray you guys will all be able to rest and enjoy being together again.
Blessings to all
JHB

Angie said...

Oh, Karen... I am soooo thankful things seem to be well (or as well as can be). My heart aches every time I think about what y'all have been through. Loving you and praying for you from "back home". ALWAYS in His hands!