Hi all,
Karen granted me access to her precious blog recently, which I think shows the depth of her affection for me. We wanted to continue updating on what is going on. But we aren't really sure.
After being told that they would do the biopsy tomorrow and getting all set for it, one of the doctors said that her TB test (spot on her arm) is looking slightly red and raised. So...maybe we are praying that Leighton has TB? Certainly not a normal prayer request, but it is a far better option than some of the other possibilities.
If she has TB it is likely that she has a swollen lymph node pushing on her trachea, in which case she can be treated medicinally, and without surgical intervention. So the more it looks like it is TB, the less likely they are to do a biopsy tomorrow.
I think it it still early to tell. Obviously no one is ever excited about surgery, but her compromised airway makes surgery more difficult. Some of the doctors don't seem bothered by it, others seem very wary of trying to intubate a baby with a compressed trachea. I tend to fall on the bothered side.
So, now we are waiting for a transfer out of intensive care and into a general room (she will still be isolated because of the TB possibility). One benefit of this will be less restrictions on visitors and no heart monitor, which will remove the most obtrusive of the wires she is attached to.
Please continue to pray for her. She is doing well and is relatively happy for being so tied down. It is truly a blessing to come to this blog and see how many people (and churches) are praying for our littleist girl. Thank you.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Good news?
Posted by Tom Mirabella at 3:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Tom and Karen just wanted to let you know that we are lifting little Leighton up in our prayers. I know that God has that beautiful little girl in his hands.
Keep the Faith
The Friers Family
(Chris, Lori, Kara and Gehrig)
Karen and Tom I just read about Leighton. We will definately be praying for her and your entire family.
Hey, brother, I was on the phone with Karen when she got the word on the TB test results. . . We love you. . . and are begging the Lord for peace, life, and health, stamina, courage, healing and a myriad of other things.
Love,
shannon
Hey, guys...been praying and thinking of you all day.
We enlisted folks from two churches in the area to pray for you. I think it is safe to say that over 300 people have now read about Leighton and are lifting you up in prayer.
KM thanks for calling today. It was good to hear your voice and pray with you.
Love,
KB
I am praying for your precious little girl. We know the PICU very well, and she is in very good hands (although I know you would much rather have her at home).
In Christ,
Candice Conerly
(from story time ) :)
Praying for your dear, sweet girl; (just heard the news).
(Tony's Mom-Ruth Weaver)
I continue to lift up your sweet little one, begging God for protection and healing. I am praying specifically that this biopsy won't have to happen. And I am praying for emotional strength for both of you. B and I were talking about all this today and just kept thinking about y'all and how hard this must be. We love you.
In HIs Hands.
Hey guys! Sorry sorry to hear about your little Leighton. I'll be praying for her and for her healing as well as for your whole family! I miss you all much!
Love to all,
Becky
We have been away and just found out- we are praying for your family and that the doctors would have wisdom and little Leighton have patience.
Love The Dingles
Post a Comment