open mouth to mouth kiss? that doesn't seem right.
We had a follow-up appointment for Leighton in St. Pete yesterday. They did a chest x-ray and listened to her lungs...she is sounding clear, but the x-ray didn't show any change in the mass that is pushing on her trachea. It could take a while for the steroids to make the mass shrink, but our prayer is that it happens fast. Also, her tb blood test came back negative...which either means...she doesn't have tb or the test was wrong. (they tell me that in children the test can be a false negative) So...the dr's are trying to think through ways that they can confirm that she truly has tb...if the mass doesn't shrink in the next couple of weeks they might end up needing to go in and biopsy it to see what it is and how to get rid of it. In the meantime, we have a health dept. nurse coming out every day (except on the weekends) to watch us give leighton her tb meds (it's a federal mandate or something). We're waiting to hear back from my parents tb tests (if one of them has it, then it would make sense that she got it from them)...and Leighton and I got another skin test today that will be read on friday. Soo...please keep praying! We're not in the clear, yet. They have not officially diagnosed her with tb....just trying to prove that she has it for sure. I'm also in the midst of a nasty cold...so pray for me as I try to be patient with my family and our home, while trying to rest and feel better, too. thanks, friends! (and friends of friends) :)
1 comments:
Deep sigh. I am praying and I keep praying. As I battled the fiery darts of fear and worry last night, I thought of you and your little one. How these tender ones latch onto our souls, don't they? Am praying for peace, strength, spiritual eyesight, patience and healing. God is FOR you. Loving you from the 'burg.
Post a Comment