Nothing too much happened today since the pediatric surgeon talked to us this morning. The nurse (this afternoon) did say that there's a possibility of trying to fit her biopsy surgery in tomorrow instead of tuesday, but we won't know until tomorrow morning. My friend, Lisa, spent most of the day with me, giving me a break so that I could grab some food and get out a little bit.... Tom brought the 4 kids over this afternoon and the nurse proceeded to tell me that they weren't allowed in. I had misunderstood a previous nurse who I thought told me that siblings were welcome...but under 12 isn't allowed in the PICU. Anyways, they were gracious and gave us 20 minutes...where Leighton smiled the biggest smiles that she has had since we left on saturday. (pictures to come) I have the kids home now and Tom is spending the night tonight at the hospital. I'm considering the Ronald McDonald house this week b/c last night was tough for me in terms of getting any rest....but we'll see. Leighton also got to eat some food today, which she was glad for. She'll won't be allowed anything after midnight tonight in case they do surgery tomorrow, though. She's being such a trooper...the sad thing is that she just doesn't understand...and she doesn't feel bad (really)... but she's forced to sit in bed or my lap b/c of all the wires and such. She is actually in isolation b/c she has a couple signs of possible tb (it is most likely not) ...which they will hopefully rule out tomorrow night or tuesday morning and then we can go to the playroom and ride in the wagon and actually be active. :) Thank you for your prayers. I will try to give an update after rounds tomorrow morning. We're definitely hanging in....trying to trust in the midst of the unknown. Pray for sleep for all of us. Being tired affects everything. Speaking of tired...I'm going to bed. :)
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We are praying for you and Leighton. Prayers from Japan while you are sleeping!
The Pfeils
Praying for you all. Joel asked for prayer at Covenant PCA StL tonight. Several of our mutual friends expressed concern and promised to pray. Ryan even prayed for Leighton (and Tom and Karen) from the pulpit. . . All my kids have been assigned a corresponding Mirabella sibling to pray for. . . for courage and not to be afraid. . . Love to you all. Sorry I couldn't call today. . . it's been nonstop action. 3 more weeks and Sunday will become a Sabbath again for me. Hang in there, sister, we're holding you up and God is Mighty to do all we ask or imagine.
Love,
shannon
Hey, KM. Been thinking of you guys all day. Megan asked the children in kids church to pray for Leighton today, it was so sweet to see them bow their heads and ask God to take good care of her. And we have asked friends and family to pray as well. We'll call one of you tomorrow. Love,KB
Northside is praying for you too! I've heard the Ronald McDonald House is fabulous. We have friends at church who used the one in Tampa and they highly recommend it! Though I can imagine it's hard to leave Leighton's side.
Praying you can get some rest!
JennL
Post a Comment