We just got back from St. Pete and another follow-up dr's appt for Leighton. They did a chest x-ray and could see some improvement! She's been on the TB antibiotics for two weeks now and is cleared to be in public...her symptoms are definitely improving - no cough, the only time she is wheezing is when she is upset or crying. They still have not officially diagnosed her with TB and I'm not sure that they'll be able to (either get a sample from her lungs or a positive blood test)...but the dr. said this morning (and I quote) "if it quacks like a duck we'll call it a duck". :) We go back in two weeks for a CT scan and hopefully they will see everything going back to normal, but until then we continue to wait and pray that the medicines keep working. We'll be giving her one dose of steroids a day instead of two....which will be nice b/c she's been a little cranky with the steroids...and super major hungry all the time. My little girl is catching up with her brother. :) So, that's the latest...thanks for praying...we're very excited that there is some obvious improvement.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So thankful she is improving. I continue to pray and wait with you. Much love.
Yeah!! I am so happy there was improvement:)
Jennifer
Glad to hear some good news!
That is good news. Thanks for the update. Keeping you guys in our prayers.
Post a Comment