CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 12, 2008

Some more pictures!

This is one of the missionay's daughter's piano books. Kylie, it was exactly like yours but a different color and in japanese!

This is what oven's look like in japan. They are stand-alone appliances which is very different than ovens in america!

We went to an english bible study yesterday morning and spent some time with some japanese nationals...it was a wonderful time of meeting people and learning about how they came to faith or how they're wanting to learn more. Less than 1/2 of the group are Christians.

This is the top of a toilet. Amazing and increidbly efficient. You wash your hands while the water is refilling up the tank! (a bigger shot is further down)

These 2 t-shirts cracked us up at the dept. store yesterday. We're told that they are "engrish" t-shirts, people just enjoy wearing shirts with any english words written on them.

funny. :)

Here's the full shot of another toilet.

Rev. and Mrs. Hirohashi took us to a japanese garden and green tea ceremony....here is the lady showing us how to turn our tea bowls to admire the pictures on the bowl.

This was my sushi lunch...it was delicous! Food is like at art in Japan, everything is so beautifully presented.



Rev. and Mrs. Hirohashi took us to a sushi restaurant after the english bible study yesterday. He has been pastoring in Makuhari "bay town" for 10 years now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey-

Those pictures were really cool! I didn't know that toilets in Japan had a sink on them. I still don't know what those T-shirts mean. I really liked to look at the sushi.

Kylie

The Crowley's said...

Can I just tell you how much I laughed at the stick figure drawing on the first picture of the toilet :)