CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 5, 2008

Ike...

So, we leave for Japan on monday....and Tom's been watching Hurricane Ike creep towards us since earlier this week and has been worried. I, b/c of being unaware of it, was not worried until 2 days ago when Tom voiced his concern. Thankfully it seems like the most recent prediction has it going a bit more west of us although it still has us in Ike's path. Anyways, it's supposed to be here wednesday morning sometime and I think we've gone everywhere in our thoughts of what could happen. Please pray that this hurricane would veer away. It's crazy how last hurricane season (our 1st year in florida) there was nothing and now we've been seeing so many tropical storms and such creep up on the southeast. Having never gone through a hurricane I really don't know what to expect, but it's amazing how "Charley" and "Andrew" are referred to a good bit...and what an impact something like that can make on so many lives!
Other than thinking about hurricanes, we're getting ready....I'm still not sure how it's all going to get done between now and monday morning, but we are getting excited. We head for the airport in the morning and get the Stewart's...I'll introduce you to them in a post this weekend....I was telling a friend how I'm going to let them be guest contributors on my blog so that I can see pictures and catch up with them on life here while we're away and she said "a blog sitter!, my friend had a blog sitter once!"....a blog sitter....I have never heard of such a thing...but it's funny, and probably an appropriate title. :) More to come....

1 comments:

Shannon said...

According to a report I heard today, Ike is going further west. . . Still praying to the Lord who directs the storms that ya'll would be spared of any worry. . . Love you, Shannon