CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Catch up Part 2....

Tom and I have been talking for a little while about what might be in our future. Our position here in Wauchula lasts for one more year from now (I cannot believe we've been here for a year already!). Something that we began praying about (starting in March) is the possibility of overseas missions. We took a trip to Atlanta where MTW (Mission To the World) our denomination's sending agency is located. They held a vision retreat for people who are thinking about missions...it was a sweet time of hearing from missionaries from all parts of the world and meeting other people who are praying through going overseas. We are specifically thinking through going to Japan. Less than 1/2 of 1% of Japan is Christian...and it is the 2nd largest unreached nation. Please pray with and for us as we look towards our future in ministry!
On the way down to Atlanta we had the blessing of spending the night with the Sanders....sweet friends and old neighbors from seminary...here are pictures of me with the Sanders girls....

Sweet Lizzie....
and my friend, Jen


We really enjoyed the grass in Virginia. Florida grass is not very soft and the yard is full of fire ant mounds, so walking barefoot in the grass is not an option down here. The babies (for the most part) enjoyed the green grass. And last is a picture of the kids with grandma....she graciously watched all 5 kids for us for the 4 nights that we were gone to Atlanta. I called her on sunday and she proceeded to tell me that Leighton threw up in the car on the way to the airport (she was dropping someone off there) and Matthias threw up on the way home from the airport. I felt horrible for her, but glad that I wasn't there. :) I know that she was exhausted by the time we got back. Thank you Rose Marie....it was a blessing to know that everyone was well cared for.

1 comments:

Angie said...

Glad to catch up! And I will definitely be lifting ya'll up as you seek for guidance and direction. May God give you a clear vision and calling. Love you!