CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Josiah turns 7!!!

We had a quiet family day at home for Josiah's birthday...he woke up at the crack of dawn, excited to open his presents...he got a new gameboy game and a new webkinz which he was thrilled about and spent most of the day playing. :) I cannot believe my boy is 7!
We were hoping to get him a karate uniform for his birthday (he has to pass a test first)...he's been taking lessons for a couple months now at the YMCA and is really enjoying it. He's the youngest and the smallest kid in the class and is definitely holding his own. It's amazing to be able to remember when my big kids were babies. It's such a bittersweet thing for me. Josey cried for the first six months of his life. I remember in my head how hard it was, but when it comes down to it, I don't really remember how hard it was. I remember people saying to me "this, too, shall pass" and not really believing them, and now here he is....in first grade, still the "sensitive" boy that I prayed for with a sweet heart that loves his siblings. I am excited to watch my son grow up and I am excited for this next year of his life....my prayer is that he continues to grow in his knowledge of Christ - not just with his head, but with his heart most of all.

3 comments:

Covenant Theological Seminary said...

Happy Birthday, Josey!! and Merry Christmas to you all.
Love,
shannon and fam in St.L
(okay, currently in Atlanta)

Becky Leung said...

Karen,

All your kids are growing up so fast!!! I miss you guys so much!! Hope you all have a GREAT Christmas!

Love,
Becky Leung

Tabitha said...

Looking forward to seeing you all soon! Hopefully in a couple days... hooray!!