CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 25, 2008

keeping busy...

Josiah has decided that it is fun to hide his little plastic bugs places that I would least suspect so that I'll scream when I see them. Now, I am typically not a screamer, but when there is a millipede on my toilet seat (under the lid) I do scream....so he got me good with this one. Many of the frogs, lizards, spiders and scorpions that showed up all over the house got me, too...but that millipede was the worst. (oh, and tom put a grasshopper in my sock drawer, that one got me, too)
They really are excited about their new pets although their expressions don't show it. It was just the end of a very long day (and over an hour at petco). Josey got seamonkeys for Christmas. There's a little plastic container that you put water in and then you pour on these little eggs (similar to yeast granules)...five days later little amoeba-like shrimpy things are born....they reproduce and die and reproduce and die....anyways, after the seamonkeys hatched one of the two big kids made a comment about being so excited about "our very first pet!". It was sad and funny at the same time... I think that's when I decided that we needed a pet, and we needed to start with baby steps...what better way to do that than with some fish! so, the 3 neon fish aren't named yet although we suggested randy, paula and simon. Kylie's fish is fish-stick...and AJ's fish is named wish-fish.

Today tom and I made yo-yo balloons for the first grade fundraiser...we brought them home so we could both work on them in the comfort of our home....here are the 3 little ones helping us out. :)

0 comments: